Skip to main content
Code 404 - Veteran, vintage, post vintage or invitational vehicle concessions.

The Porsche Club of Western Australia has been approved by the Department of Transport as a car club through which concessional licensing (Code 404) of older vehicles can be arranged. The club maintains a register of such vehicles and the Club Secretary manages this process.

The conditions of what is required of the Club and what individuals’ responsibilities are as a vehicle owner on Code 404 are kindly provided by the Council of Motoring Clubs and are identified in the Concessional Licence Code 404 Information Booklet which is listed in the relevant documents section below.

A summary of the Code 404 scheme is extracted from the Department of Transport Website below:

Please spare the time and make the effort to familiarise yourself with them. As the owner of the vehicle, the onus is on you to ensure your vehicle remains compliant whilst concessionally licenced. This includes keeping it unmodified and remaining a
financial member of the club.

Vintage/Veteran/Post Vintage/ Invitation Class Vehicle Licence Concession Application Form (under review which may be finalised in April 2022)
1. Fill out the ‘Certification of Financial Membership and Vehicle Compliance’ (CMC1) form (club, member and vehicle details), and attach photos of the interior, exterior and VIN number of the car for verification by the PCWA Secretary and President. This is to confirm that the vehicle is mostly original and unmodified and allows the President to sign off on the vehicle without seeing it in person.

2. Complete the Dept of Transport ‘Vintage/Veteran/Post Vintage/Invitation Class Vehicle Licence Concession Application Form (E81) and lodge it with supporting documentation (see info booklet) to a Dept. of Transport Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) centre or regional agent. (this does not require any input from PCWA)

3. Detailed information on this is all included in the Concessional Licence Code 404 Information Booklet found in the relevant documents section at the end of this section.

Once your application is approved, please email to ensure your details are entered into the PCWA register and Wildapricot. Please ensure you have the required descriptive plate identifiers on your car and provide your Registration number.
For club organised runs, you will need to register on PCWA Wildapricot website when there is an event. If you are taking the car out for an impromptu/personal event you just need to email the PCWA secretary, identify the car you are using and advise the date of the impromptu run within the number of times allowed. (currently there are no limit to the number of times a vehicle can be taken out but it may raise a red flag if it is too frequent. This scheme is currently under review, which is likely to
include limiting the days a vehicle under this scheme can be used. The outcome of the review will be known after April 2022.

Plate Identifiers and Stickers
Plate identifiers and stickers are available through the CMC WA from the treasurer (Keith Wall), at the regular general meetings and also from the Motor Museum.
You can also make your own as long as you use the correct lettering height (min 25 mm high and high contrast). The advantage of the CMC ones is that they are manufactured in bulk so the price is very reasonable.
Car plates - $7.50 each, Motorcycle plates - $6 each and Stickers - $5 each.

Unlike the new C4C scheme, a logbook is not used for the Code 404 Scheme.

You may also be entitled to licence refund once you have changed to the concession status. Please see the DoT’s website on how to apply for the refund.

Relevant Documents
The following attachments provide the current PCWA process for obtaining a Concessional Licence and Single Car Impromptu Runs, together with relevant Department of Transport and Council of Motoring Clubs’ documents outlining conditions of the concession.

  1.  Concessional Licence Code 404 Information Booklet.
  2.  Department of Transport – Concession Information.
  3.  Certification of Financial Membership and Vehicle Compliance (CMC1) Form.
  4.  Veteran/Vintage/Post Vintage/Invitation Class Vehicle Licence Concession Application (E81) Form.
  5. Application for Assessment of a Unique/Historic Vehicle (CMC2) Form.

All queries related to concessional licensing, including how to obtain a concessional licence for a vehicle should be directed to the Club Secretary
Any changes to the status or registration number of a vehicle which is currently concessionally registered should also be directed to the Club Secretary.
*Note that Club Membership fees MUST be paid for concessional licences to remain valid – THERE IS NO GRACE PERIOD.